There are two reasons for senior care providers to be on FoundLocally: 1) if you are trying to build your business, your marketing needs to be aggressive, yet cost-effective, and 2) so potential clients (or their caring relatives) can find you easily (very important if you do not have a website). This is why senior care providers and facilities need to be on FoundLocally.
FoundLocally is a great way for senior care providers and facilities to raise their own visibility, not just by adding themselves to our high-traffic community directory, but by affordably (and, in FoundLocally’s case, free!) posting news, jobs, events, and savings to increase the number of pages on their FoundLocally listing, gaining both greater visibility while saving ever-lager amounts of money otherwise spent on advertising in other media.
Online marketing generally, and FoundLocally specifically, is especially helpful for those trying to reach a relatively affluent audience (and their caring relatives). Unlike broadcast media, where a message must be fleeting and must be repeated often (at high cost to the advertiser), online messages are “always there” ready to be found when users are looking for information about an illness or affliction can find possible solutions and can “drill down” to ever-more-detailed information until their curiosity/information needs are satisfied.
This approach is also effective for SEO (search engine optimization): the more pages on FoundLocally the more link-backs you have, and the higher your own web site’s ranking and findability!
Make the Most of Your PROFILE
- Use the Description field to state your key branding message (and describe your services and/or facility and its unique qualities
- Use the Products/Brands to identify potential clients you focus one, and list any particular services and/or products to improve online findability.
- Link to your organization’s website, and upload a photo or logo
- In the Contact field, insert you website’s Contact Us webpage URL instead of an e-mail address, to reduce chance of spam e-mails.
Use CATEGORIES to Advantage
- HEALTH-Traditional – Senior Care (Medical)
- CONSUMER SHOPPING –Goods & Services – Senior Care (Non-Medical)
- HOMES& GARDENS – Buy/Sell/Rent – Retirement Homes
Multiple CONTACTS May Update Listing(s)
- Set up multiple contacts per listing using the CONTACTS tab and “Add New”, to add additional staff people in your organization, so each can post items to your listing, or login and ad additional clients and their websites & locations.
- You can also add client marketing, HR, and Operations persons who can login and update the operational components of their FoundLocally listings, letting you focus on web marketing and website design.
Post NEWS Announcements
- Post announcements (using the NEWS tab of each respective listing) to FoundLocally listings at the same time as it is sent out to other media outlets.
- Post announcements about new associates, facilities or equipment enhancements, even if you do not send these to other traditional media outlets.
- Dramatically improve your findability by increasing the use of keywords in the news story with you and /your web site. In addition this can improve your/your creditability as an industry information resource.
- Announcements stay posted until you take them down. On FoundLocally, news has a long shelf life. FoundLocally news is not thrown out or recycled the next day, like with a newspaper!
- You can use the EVENTS tab to post any special events, open houses, seminars, workshops, tradeshow/festival booths, fundraisers etcetera. EVENTS postings can link to their own web page if you have an event that people need to RSVP for or buy tickets.
- For non-profit organizations, see special tips for Community Groups
Post JOBS to fill staffing needs
- Use these listings to recruit people for internal or client needs using the JOBS tab.
- When posting jobs for non-profit groups or their fund-raising activities, you can use the JOBS tab to post volunteer opportunities.
Add your LOCAL Free Listing to FoundLocally.com
Don’t forget to also post any News, Events, Jobs, and Savings to promote all aspects of your business and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing).