Get the highest online visibility for Public Relations professionals, using the FoundLocally.com free listings.
A PR professional’s role is to ensure a broad audience for their client’s news and message. With the decline of traditional media, and the loss of their influence with key segments of the marketplace, everybody is struggling to reach the broadest audience and keeping budgets under control. FoundLocally has a free community business directory that has the capability to broadcast news releases for a business or community group. Releases can be done under the PR firm’s name, or through the client’s listing(s). And for large corporate clients or chain/franchise organizations, we have the ability to set up all their locations to multiply the impact of announcements, and spread them geographically to all communities where the client organization has a presence.
Public Relations firms act in a number of capacities on behalf of their clients. In some cases their job is to shield a client from publicity, sometimes is is to help shape and manage the message, though more often their role is to garner publicity in as many high profile ways as well as specific lower-profile but beneficially targeted media channels. FoundLocally provides support to each of these roles of PR Firms.
PR can take advantage of the FoundLocally site in several ways. They should (of course) add a listing for their firm, as well as add listings for their clients, to ensure that the branding message of each client is appropriately communicated.
While PR firms are important to the messaging of each client’s communications, they are often not part of the day-to-day operations, and should involve the clients in the additional dimensions of the FoundLocally listing that can improve the economics of their operations. This is done by adding client mangers to the CONTACTS tab of the listing. Then they can post to the EVENTS, JOBS, and SAVINGS tabs to fill fundamental business needs, and help generate the profitability to support a proper Public Relations effort.
Make the Most of Your PROFILE
You can add a corporate listing to promote their company and quality brand
- Use the Description field to state your key branding message (and how you differentiate yourselves from other PR professionals). Use the Products/Brands to identify key target markets and industries your PR firm focuses o
- If you are a multi-location chain or franchise organization (or an interprovincial charitable group), we have a number of “cloning” shortcuts using Excel templates to quickly add many listings based on a single listing. Our process insures that listings are in the correct FoundLocally community, and have appropriate Areas selected, and can have appropriate web links for each location and appropriate contacts for location, as well any regional/provincial managers.
TIP: This cloning process is FREE and efficiently adds many locations to our directory with minimal time, effort and error. Please contact FoundLocally. We will be happy to discuss the best approaches for you and your client’s specific needs & goals..
Multiple CONTACTS to Update Listing(s)
- Set up multiple contacts per listing for additional staff people, so each can post NEWS items to your listing.
- Add Marketing, HR, and Operations persons to login and update the operational components of their FoundLocally listings, letting you focus on NEWS announcements and messaging.
- Use the POWER USER options to copy existing Contacts over to other listings you are the Registered Contact for. For example, you can add a number of in-house contacts to specific client FoundLocally listings.
TIP: When adding multiple staff people to client listings that each Registered Contact’s “Title” field might include their title plus the name of the firm (so client contacts don’t inadvertently remove them from a listing, not realizing they are working on the client’s behalf).
Post NEWS & Announcements
You should post announcements (using the NEWS tab of each respective listing) to FoundLocally listings at the same time as it is sent out to other media outlets.
- You can post announcements either to the PR firm’s listings (for example an advocacy message) or the client’s FoundLocally listing.
- If you have multi-location clients, you can use the POWER USER tab to quickly copy an announcement form one listing (head office) to CLONE to the other listings for that organization. You can also use the POWER USER tab to post differentiated messages to groups of listings, so you can have an Ontario announcement, a Maritimes announcement, a Prairies announcement, as well as a West Coat version of the same announcement.
TIP: Please contact us beforehand, and we can create special Contacts profiles to handle regional/provincial groupings of the listings you manage
- Improve findability by using important keywords in the news story with your/your client’s web site and name. In addition they can improve your/your client’s credibility as an industry information resource.
- Announcements stay posted until you take them down. On FoundLocally, news has a long shelf life. FoundLocally news is not thrown out or recycled the next day, like with a newspaper!
Editorial Opportunities for PR Firms & Their Clients
FoundLocally is always looking for good editorial content. We define “good” as content that helps inform and educate the marketplace so they become better, more discerning consumers. Good editorial may advocate a point of view, but should not sell a specific company or its product. The benefit, you (or your client) gets a writer’s credit and a link to your website.
Self-promotional stories are best posted to a listing’s NEWS tab, providing exactly one link-back from your free listing.
A good story, for cross-Canada FoundLocally sites, and get 30 link-backs, one from each of our city domains. This has a dramatic impact on the value of your site by ranking search engines like Google.
Please contact us with your story ideas, and will discuss them to get a “best fit” between our editorial interests and the business interests of your client.
Add your LOCAL Free Listing to FoundLocally.com
Don’t forget to also post any News, Events, Jobs, and Savings to promote all aspects of your organization and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing).
Don’t forget to also post any News, Events, Jobs, and Savings to promote all aspects of your business and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing). Be sure to add your clients to the FoundLocally.com directory, so their media releases can be posted to our website and our RSS Feeds.