Seeing less than
Top Problems with Social Media Marketing
- It takes patience: like growing a plant, organic processes takes time
- You only reach those choosing to follow </strong
- Hard to get existing customers to “like” your Social media
- >Distracts effort &attention from your website.
- There areToo many Social Media and “sharing” sites to focus on
- People aren’t on Social Media all the time.
Fixes: Timing & “boosting”
Is Social Media Working for YOU?
Consider the following questions when it comes to social media.
- Are your Social Media activities helping your SEO?
- Have you looked at your competitors, to see which social platforms they are using and how?
- How has your Social Media strategies and followers affected your brand?
- How would you respond to online feedback, whether it is positive or negative?
- Can you measure the customers who’ve found you through Social Media interactions?
- Do you know how to create content that will engage your audience?
- What photography do you use for Pinterest or Instagram?
- What video do you use on your YouTube channel?
- What plans do you have to grow your online communities?
- What value do you offer your customers through your social media accounts?
- How often do you update your customers via Social Media (and how often, on your website)?
Social Media Marketing
Don’t just follow the flock!
Factors in Social Media Marketing:
Social Media Profiles: Keep up with new trends
Premium visual and written Content Creation
Timely Blog posts & Articles build trust customers.
Social Shares of relevant 3rd Party Content
Paid Social Media “boosts” visibility:
Social Contests: create excitement
ongoing Usability Testing: keep it relevant
Comprehensive Reporting: tracking engagement, results
If you are in PROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
your website better link to LinkedIn and
your LinkedIn better link to your website
LinkedIn is like Facebook for people with careers and businesses
LinkedIn is the social network “for people with careers”. Originally it was just a resume posting website, but it has evolved into a magnet for corporate recruiters as well as others doing business in the “B2B” business-to-business space.
It is target rich for finding the contacts and decision makers who will be buying your products or services, across a broad range of target industries.
You need to create a personal LinkedIn profile, so people understand you are experienced, qualified, and connected. Then you can start building your personal connections, based on where you went to school where you work or have worked, and people you have met over the years (go through your business card files).
If you are new to LinkedIn, a profile using your business e-mail may garner immediate connection request with people who have YOU in their email connections (and there for LinkedIn “wish list”) to speed this process.
Then you need to create a business page, add corporate details, and like with Facebook’s Timeline, begin posting news announcements and relevant links.
Facebook Social Media Marketing
Facebook is great way to reach consumers where they typically spend their online time. 80% if Canadians use Facebook, and a good percentage of those visit every single day.
Businesses need to create a Facebook business page, to reach their clients (even if you are B2B). A business page provides all sorts of analytics about their audience demographics, and traffic measurement on posts, which helps build traffic. This reporting is not provided for personal pages.
With a business page, you should post key “milestones” in your business history to our Timeline. Especially if your story pre-dates Facebook itself (in 2004).
Once you have a Facebook page, you need to regularly post stories, photos, and links
Failure to post regularly will
- discourage people not following
- get people to stop caring
- reduce your post visibility
- reduce “sharing” of your posts by others to their friends
Even B2B needs Facebook,
since a Company is
the sum-total of its People
Paid Social Media Advertising Services
Paid social media services you can enjoy these benefits:
- Build brand recall and awareness among new customers
- Increase brand recognition among the general public
- Drive targeted traffic to your site and build email lists
- Market specific goods and services, campaigns, sales, services, and events
- More efficient use of marketing effort and budget