Local Search & SEO
Be Found By Your Closest Customers
ecosystem is more
than just Google
Google, Bing, Siri and Alexa now provide local search results (much of their Canadian data is sourced from other local directories’ listings) to compete with the former monopoly of print and digital Yellow Pages™.
Local search tactics help your business to gain more exposure within search engines whenever people search for products and services in their local area.
Local Search Marketing & Local SEO
Local SEO (Local Search Marketing ) increases visibility of your business, by displaying your business and your website at (or near) the top of local listings. For a local business, geographically-relevant search traffic is key to growing your business. It is also a key competitive advantage over national companies with national websites.
Local searches account for around 3 billion Google Search queries each month. Companies that spend money in local search will definitely gain a sustainable and formidably competitive advantage.
The fastest way to improve your GOOGLE ranking is add yourself to local directories
FoundLocally setting STANDARDS for Local Marketing since 1999!
Local Search & SEO
Google search has been displaying nearby businesses on Maps in search results for years. Its incredibly important for a local business to be displayed in search results maps, the listings below or beside the map (depending on urban and business density) as well as in the search results lit immediately below. Correctly done Local SEO b all would display the closest businesses included in the search results (not all your competitors are as savvy as you are).
We make sure that your business details are correct and fully optimized. lack of consistency can significantly undermine the citations’ ranking value for local SEO. We can use your existing account(s) or create a new one.
Be found by neighbourhood and on maps
TransCanada FoundLocally is a Local Search pioneer
FoundLocally.com was started in 1999 SPECIFICALLY to provide local search in each community and its market area, as well as down to the neighbourhood level. FoundLocally.com’s directory connects consumers and businesses with local suppliers, shops, and services. When we added the LocalMap feature on each directory, you can see business located near your current physical location on your computer, tablet, or smartphone on a layered Google Map, to display different kinds of businesses and facilities near you.
The FoundLocally.com directory is FREE. It also integrate Job postings, Coupons & Sales, Events, News releases & Announcements, and client Ratings & Reviews.
Get as much for free!
How Local Search Marketing Works
These days, traditional search engine optimization is no longer sufficient, and a dedicated local search (local SEO) strategy becomes essential.
- Review competitor websites, and compare their rankings on the major search tools’ results. This identifies any tools and techniques they are using (or not) and presents a variety of competitive measures
- Review keywords and phrases and their frequency in relevant search results, to see which keywords and phrases can be used to generate the most traffic, and if any keyword values have changed over time.
- Review of site content to ensure appropriate local content on and throughout the website, particularly referencing your neighbourhood and target market.
- Review of site coding & META tags to ensure optimal structure and coding. These typically affect every single page of a website and have broad impact, but not until Google (and the other search engines) re-spider and re-index your website
- Submit to local directories, and other citations sources starting with free ones (like FoundLocally.com), and then prioritizing the “pay” ones based on traffic and cost per local visitor
- Review of website Analytics (including evaluation of your Yellow Pages ad commitment). Which sites are ALREADY giving you traffic? What is the actual cost per referral? Money saved here may be more efficiently re-allocated to cost-per click (CPC) campaigns on Google or Facebook (depending on your audience) to significantly increase your website traffic… at no additional cost.