Get the highest online visibility for Politicians, Candidates, and Political parties using the FoundLocally.com free listings. Gain traction & visibility for greater momentum for when an election is called.
Because we ARE FREE for all political parties and politicians*, there is no impact on your financial reporting, and no “donation in kind” reporting required. Post your new unfiltered, post volunteer openings, and post your campaign events.
*just the same as for local businesses and non-profits
More proactive political parties, constituency associations, and candidates also use FoundLocally.com to raise their visibility during non-election cycles, posting o-going news, perspective, party leader visits, as well as town-hall meetings and .other appearances by local candidates. These small efforts will have a dramatic impact on search engine findability during campaigns that are too short to do any really effective web marketing.
- Web Marketing 101
- Have your candidates add themselves to their community’s FoundLocally directory (click on “Free Lisitngs”)
- Directories of local online directories
- Topics for chains & franchises (which also apply to political organizations & parties)
Making the Most of Your PROFILE
- Use the Name field to not only name the candidate, but the party and the name of the riding
- Use the Name2 field for nicknames and acronyms, old riding names, etc so they are searchable, but not displayed
- Use the Address2 field to repeat the Riding name (or Ward in a municipal context)
- Use the Description field to state your key branding message, which should describe the benefits of voting for the individual and the party
- Use the Products/Brands to identify key items in the party’s platform, or key local issues
- Link to the candidate’s own or the political party’s website, and include the logo.
- In the Contact field, insert your website’s Contact Us webpage URL instead of an e-mail address, to reduce chance of spam e-mails.
TIP: Have your candidates and elected members add themselves to the Free Listings as well, not just for the mention of their name in FoundLocally’s directory (which you, the Party, might do on their behalf), but enable them to post their own News, Events, and Jobs/Volunteers items to their free listing.
Multiple CONTACTS may Update Listing(s)
- Set up multiple contacts per listing to add additional staff people in your organization, so each can post items to your listing, or login to update items already posted
- Add marketing, HR, and Operations persons to login and update the operational components of their FoundLocally listings, letting you focus on web marketing and website design.
- Add a political party access to each of the candidate’s/politician’s FoundLocally listings, so announcements of national, provincial, or regional interest can be quickly posted by an individual or organization (with appropriate authorization) to all listings at once
Post NEWS and Announcements
- Post announcements to FoundLocally listings at the same time as it is sent out to other media outlets.
- Dramatically improve your findability by using powerful keywords in the news story with your/your candidate’s/party’s web site and name. This can improve your/your organization’s credibility as an industry information resource.
- NEWS items are active immediately, and are unfiltered. They are published with your exact words (no reporter intermediary to take things ”out of context” , add personal “spin” (bias?), or botch them up.
- Announcements stay posted until you take them down. On FoundLocally, news has a long shelf life. FoundLocally news is not thrown out or recycled the next day, like with a newspaper!
- Use the EVENTS tab to post any special events, Town Hall meetings, campaign appearances.
- Postings can link to your own web page or a third-party’s for people to RSVP for or buy tickets.
- See special tips for Festivals & Community Events
TIP #1: These linked pages can be on your site, the candidate’s or a third party (like, say, MeetUp or Facebook)
Post JOBS to fill staffing needs
- You can use these listings to recruit people for internal or member needs using the JOBS tab.
- Candidates and constituency associations/riding associations a can use the JOBS tab to post volunteer opportunities
- Position descriptions can be standardized for all constituency groups, and candidates for a Party, so they only need to be made “Active” without any typing required. Use the POWER USER > JOBS feature for this
Add Your Politician/Party to the FoundLocally Directory, FREE!
Don’t forget to also post any News, Events, Jobs, and Savings to promote all aspects of your organization and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing).
Don’t forget to also post any News, Events, Jobs, and Savings to promote all aspects of your politician/party and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing). Don’t forget to tell your party members, constituency associations, and candidates that they should also take advantage of FoundLocally’s significant audience & traffic to promote themselves!