Get the highest online visibility for home improvement and repair businesses using the FoundLocally.com free listings.
- Run their business from a cell phone (making you ineligible for a Yellow Page ™ listing),
- Work from a home office (and don’t want to publish the address)
- Are either an incorporated or are an unincorporated business or individual.
- Have or don’t have a website. While having one is helpful, it’s not a requirement to be on FoundLocally.Many find their FoundLocally listing is all they would have said on a website, anyway, so think of all the time and money you’ll save!
TIPS for Home Builders
Home Builders can take advantage of the FoundLocally site in several ways:, by adding listings for their office and reach show home. They are also included in both FoundLocally.com’s directory and sister site MovingInCanada.com’s directory
Make the Most of Your PROFILE
You can add a listing to promote your self and your firm’s services.
Use the Name field to provide your name, or a registered trade name.
DON’T use a generic web marketing style keyword like “Plumber”… people like to know who they are doing business with
Use the Name2 field to enter nicknames or misspellings or your name, and acronyms of your name to improve findability. Name 2 is never displayed.
Use the About Us field to describe your business and its services. Use conversational tone in this field
Use the Products/Brands field to provide a list of the services, areas, and/or target markets (keeping in mind you have 250 characters)
Use the Environmental field to fairly describe any environmentally-sensitive services, sustainable products or business practices
Many jurisdictions require licensing of certain trades and professions. If may be helpful to indicate that you are licenced. If you are a BBB member, it may be helpful to mention that. It may also be helpful to mention that are (or are not) a union shop.
- Select categories that are appropriate to services YOU PROVIDE or goods YOU SELL.
- Many use the “Handyman” template on the bottom of the PROFILE page, as a starting point.
- Select other specific services from the various sections of the HOMES & GARDENS categories.
- Do NOT select Buy/Sell/Rent categories for your “target markets” (if you sell or provide services to home builders on condominium associations, for example) that are not services YOU PROVIDE. Use the Products/Brands field on your PROFILE page to describe these markets.
- If you do not build ENTIRE HOMES, do not select the “Home Builder” category
Multiple CONTACTS may Update Listing(s)
Set up multiple contacts per listingo a marketing, HR, and Operations person may be able to login and update their appropriate listings.
Ise the POWER USER tab to copy existing Contacts over to your other Showhome listings
Post NEWS Announcements
Post any announcements that get sent out to the other community media. Post announcements about new or completed projects, about awards received or recognition in other media (provide web link to their mention)
Dramatically improve your findability by using pwoerful keywords in the news story with your web site and your name. In addition they can improve your credibility as an industry resource for home owners seeking renovation or improvement services & products.l
Announcements stay posted until you take them down. On FoundLocally, news has a long shelf life. FoundLocally news is not thrown out or recycled the next day, like with a newspaper!
Post EVENTS to build awareness
Post any special events, like “live remotes” with a local TV or radio station, tradeshow/convention appearances, tutorials/demos at a local home improvement retailer, etc.
Invite Ratings & Reviews to build Customer Confidence
Invite your buyers to post their RATINGS & Reviews, to help others learn why your homes (or your communities) are worth buying from a customer’s perspective.
We do not permit you (or your family members) to enter your own reviews, but we provide a simple form to e-mail an invitation to your home buyers.
You receive an email whenever Ratings & Reviews are posted to your listing, so you are immediately aware of feedback posted
Add your LOCAL Free Listing to FoundLocally.com
Don’t forget to also post any News, Events, Jobs, and Savings to promote all aspects of your business and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing).