We’ve found a couple of sites and software tools we find indispensible for a web marketer. Some are tools that a professional web marketer might use, while some are “quickies” that give a business owner/manager an quick advantage, without a steep learning curve or large investment of time.
What every Webmaster needs to know are fairly simple things:
- How your traffic is doing compared the other guys’?
- What parts of your site are working for you and where is the traffic coming from?
- How do search engines look at your site, in order to rank it compared to your competitors?
- How can I submit mys site to as many search engines as possible, with as little time as possible?
- Where can I find other ools & tricks that will give me a “leg up” on my compettiors?
Its hard to estimate the traffic levels of competitors, without asking, or having access to their stats (you might just try entering domainname.com/stats and see if anything pops up!). Here are some good tools for estimating other sites’ traffic. These sites also provide some information about the demographic & geographic audience of a website.
Analytics and stats
If your webhosting provider does not provide stats (or good ones) then you should code Google Analytics into your site. You can login and view all sorts of traffic patterns on your site, and also see which pages are indexed (or not indexed) by the industry leader. I’ve found good stats will give you information Google doesn’t or at least provide a second perspective
SEO Browser Viewers
Sites with lots more free stuff, tools and links
Here are some website with some breate itlle one-feature tools that you can use for free:
Automated Submission Tools
- Directory of Directories (on the FoundLocally blog)
We’ll update this list as users send us their suggestions, and their success stories.