Churches and places of worship (including synagogues, mosques, temples, and umbrella religious groups) are all welcome to promote themselves and their activities on FoundLocally.com
All religious groups and organizations are welcome to FoundLocally, regardless of faith. If you are not the person in charge, please get them involved so that the listing can maximize benefit for your church or religious group (and please remind them that there is no cost)
TIP: If you are national group with provincial or local chapters, you should bet them added in their respective communities and assist them in posting their local items to their FoundLocally site. We have POWER USER tools to enable you to post national news to the chapter’s listing’s NEWS tab. For privacy reasons we need to assist in setting up authority to access and update the listings. There is no charge for our service or assistance.
Making the Most of Your PROFILE
The PROFILE page is used to describe the organization, and should be written in a way it does not become obsolete quickly, Do not use the PROFILE page to post date-specific information about events, festivals, tournaments or conferences, since you can use the EVENTS tab to post these in much more detail. Likewise Do not use the PROFILE page to post your need for paid or volunteer staff, since you have much more room on the JOBS tab for these postings. That way your listing does not appear dated or “stale” when that event or opening is in the past.
- Use the Description field on their PROFILE page to showcase your organization’s goals and activities, and clearly state your religious affiliation (ie Catholic, Anglican,…). where the name may be ambigious.
- Use the Product/Brands field to showcase the various activities and programs of your organization
- Post a link to your website and in the Contact field you can either post your e-mail address or link to your Contact Us form, where you can pre-qualify the buyer or seller in your own way. All listings MUST have a local phone number (it can be home or cell phone, but keep this updated when details change)
- In the Logo field, you can either post a logo of the church or a photo. Logos & Images must fit inside a 250 pixel square. Any larger images will be resized by FoundLocally.
Selecting Appropriate CATEGORIES
Select appropriate categories in the ASSOCIATIONS/PUBLIC SERVICE section, and select your religious affiliation. Use the OTHER box to enter affiliations we have not included.
You can also select categories that describe your operations & activities, if you manage a daycare facility, a thrift shop, or a shelter facility (or you can add those as separate listings, with your Registered Contact login, so these have their own name, description, and categories, separate from the religious group or place of worship)
TIP: There’s a category for wedding officiants, intended for government-licensed officalsperforming civil services, but churches are welcome to select this field as well.
Here are a couple of examples often overlooked:
- A self-help community service group may select HEALTH-Counselling
- A Festival organizer can also select TRAVEL-Attractions categories
- A Thrift shop can select categories in the CONSUMER SHOPPING Catgegories
Posting NEWS Announcements
- Post news about accomplishments and awards to the NEWS tab. These are live right away (once your listing has been activated), and stay there as long as you want (the default is about 900 years!) … try getting that response and visibility from the local newspaper, unless you are a “Golden Child”.
- Announcements stay posted until you take them down. On FoundLocally, news has a long shelf life. FoundLocally news is not thrown out or recycled the next day, like with a newspaper!
- News postings can dramatically improve your findability by increasing the association of keywords in the news story with your web site and your name.
Posting to EVENTS
Events can be related to your regular religious services, as well as your other activities & operations, as well as your fundraising. All events are welcome to be posted.
- 9) You can post all kinds of events to FoundLocally’s Events Calendar using your listing’s EVENTS tab. We have two ways to enter events. Use the calendar image to select the event form that is most similar to the event you are holding. Use a descriptive name for the services and events like “St Michael’s Sunday Service”, and if you have several services on a day, you may post multiple events with one for each service like “St Michael’s Evening Sunday Service”
- 10) The “Days of the Week” type of events makes is easy to post (for example) all your Sunday Services to the calendar. You can past a year in advance, so its in our calendar, and go bad and edit each week’s with a sermon topic, once it has been set.
- 11) Select the different categories that apply to the type of event. Use as many as are appropriate. If it is a musical event, you may also select a musical genre
- 12) If you have many similar events, you can use the CLONE button to copy all details of any existing event, and change only the details that are different (typically date, time, location)
- 13) Events disappear from public view after their End Date has passed, but they are retained in FoundLocally’s database. You can re-use these postings for a future event, or for next year’s version of the event. Just update the event listing and change the date to a future date and voila!
Posting JOBS to fill staffing & volunteer needs
- You can use the JOBS tab (and “Add New”) to post recruitments for either paid or volunteer staff. Volunteer positions are noted by choosing “Volunteer” from the “Type” pop-down list.
- Any postings you are currently recruiting for should have the “Active” radio button selected. After positions are filled and/or after an event is over, all positions should have the “Inactive” radio button selected. DO NOT DELETE positions after an event because you can re-used the postings next year, simply by changing the status back to “Active”, and updating the Posting Information details below.
Multiple CONTACTS to Update Listing(s)
- Set up multiple contacts per listing using the CONTACTS tab and “Add New”, to add additional staff people or volunteer organizers in your organization, so each can post items to your listing, and update details. Include marketing, volunteer coordinators, and event planners in your organization’s Registered Contacts.\
- In a volunteer -driven organization, you should update the contacts each year, to ensure the responsibility for updating FoundLocally is passed on. Be sure to delete contacts that have left your organization (you must always have at least one contact!). If any e-mail addresses change, be sure to update your Registered Contacts details (if not, your festival listing may get deleted)
Getting Ratings & Reviews
These are not just for restaurants! We welcome feedback on any organization in our directory
- You can invite your stakeholders, donors, and volunteers are welcome to post their Ratings & Reviews, to help others learn why they should get involved.
- We do not permit Registered Contacts to enter your own reviews, but we provide a simple form to e-mail an invitation to your clients.
FoundLocally is pleased to work with umbrella groups to get all churches & places of workship in your faith into our directory. We have powerful tools that can quickly add all locations, and automatically set up contacts to update the listings, working from an Excel spreadsheet template. There is NO CHARGE for this personalize assistance. Please contact FoundLocally directly.
Add your LOCAL Free Listing to FoundLocally.com
Don’t forget to also post any News, Events (services, fundraisers, bingos), Jobs, and Savings to promote all aspects of your business and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing).
Don’t forget to tell other organizations/churches in your denomination or faith that they should also take advantage of FoundLocally’s significant audience & traffic to promote themselves!