Get the highest online visibility for automobile dealers with your FoundLocally.com free listings.Car dealers are successful when they do four things right: hire the right people, promote the cars they are selling, get consumers in the lot to buy their cars, and bring them back for maintenance services. We help car dealers and their consumers with all four of these.
FoundLocally can drive traffic to a dealership’s website, or if you prefer, the website where your on-lot inventory is promoted. FoundLocally helps leverage your existing investment by getting you greater online visibility and traffic, to catch local consumers precisely when they are looking for a car to buy. And at a price every car dealer can afford in these challenging times: Free!
We’ve had strong interest in FoundLocally from both car dealers and their web marketing professionals.
Make the Most of Your PROFILE
- Use one of two Template options at the end of the PROFILE page, Dealers with Service (typically new and used cars) or Dealers Without Service (typically used car dealers).
Once this template has been selected, the dealer still needs to go to the CATEGORIES page and review the Vehicles categories to select the categories that reflect the type of vehicles they sell. They should also review the Attributes section at the bottom of the Vehicles categories page to see if additional options apply to their dealership.
- The Description field should include a Service Department direct number
- The Products/Brands field should list the brands and models of cars you carry, so you are searchable (and findable ) by all the major keywords.
- The Environmental field can promote any “green” cars (bio-fuel, hybrid, or electric models) you sell. Update this field regularly
- You might also Clone your listing, and create a second listing for your dealership’s Service Department (Change the Name field of the PROFILE, and create a service-specific description, and update the Business Hours (do this after you have finished all the other changes, including the CATEGORIES review)
TIP: For Car Manufacturers
We can work with yoiu to get all your Canada-wide dealers registered with FoundLocally. We can add alll the dealerships and their contacts from a spreadsheet template, and enable you to post NEWS items for all dealers, saving them that effort. Individual dealerships will login to tailor their information to suite their branding message and positioning in their community. They will also want to post their own news, jobs, events and savings/sales.
Multiple CONTACTS May Update Listing(s)
- We encourage web marketers to add the dealerships General Manager to the CONTACT list for that business. That way they can post any news (new models), events (live remotes, consumer workshops & seminars), sales, and jobs to the site. Web marketers can add value by setting up “standard” job descriptions across their customer network, to make it easier for dealer managers to turn jobs on & off. (they spend a fortune on newspaper ads, so any little improvement in this large expense will make dealers eternally grateful)
- Dealerships might have multiple contacts to post different items to the site: the Sales Manager might post & manage sales positions, news and events, while the Service Manager might post service department positions, news and events
Post NEWS & Announcements
- Post news about new models, as well as any accomplishments and awards, and any contests you may be running to the NEWS tab. These are live right away (once your listing has been activated), and stay there as long as you want (the default is about 900 years!) … Try getting that response and visibility from the local newspaper, unless you are a “Golden Child”.
- Announcements stay posted until you take them down. On FoundLocally, news has a long shelf life. FoundLocally news is not thrown out or recycled the next day, like with a newspaper!
- Dramatically improve your findability by using important keywords in the news story with your web site and your name. In addition they can improve your creditability as an industry resource
Post EVENTS to build Car Buyer Traffic
- You can use the EVENTS tab to post any special events, like “live remotes” with a local TV or radio station.
Post Sales Events to the SAVINGS Tab
- Post any price reductions or special sales events to the SAVINGS tab (please do not use EVENTS tab for sales, see the preceding Tip)
Add your LOCAL Free Listing to FoundLocally.com
Use the TEMPLATES at the bottom of the Add Profile form to select either Car – Dealership with service (typically new cars), or Car – Dealership without service (typically used cars). These preselect MOST of your Categories (but DO review them for accuracy and completeness.
Don’t forget to also post your News, Events, Jobs, and Savings (Coupons or Sales) to promote all aspects of your business and operations, (using the respective tabs in your listing).